Residential Moving Services in South Austin
If you’re planning on shifting places, you will feel confident hooking up with one of the top-rated South Austin moving companies, like ours. Why? Because we put your moving needs before everything else.
Your household items will be in safe hands as our staff is well trained, and we hire only true professionals to get the job done for you. Our full service makes the whole process much more efficient, leaving no stress or hassle on your part.
We’re not just movers but instead, offer support and assistance in all aspects of the whole thing. Got boxes littered all over your place? We’ll wrap them up. Have you got furniture to be moved? We’ll take care of it. Got delicate items that may break upon impact? We’ll pad them up nicely to keep them safe.
When you call us and book an order for the South Austin area, your responsibilities end there, and we will take care of everything from that point on
South Austin Moving Services
South Austin Apartment Moving
Apartment moving with Not A Hobby Moving in South Austin is a breeze thanks to our experts. Stairways and narrow hallways don’t stand a chance against our team members with experience in various moving scenarios. Your belongings are safe during every step of your apartment move.
South Austin Residential Moving
No matter how many bedrooms you need to move, your professional South Austin movers can handle it. Not A Hobby Moving has experience handling residential moves with as many as five bedrooms. There is no job too big that we cannot move. Your family and your belongings are safe when you let us offer you our full-service moving experience.
South Austin Packing & Unpacking
A part of your moving experience with Not A Hobby Moving is our packing and unpacking services. We use premium packing materials to get your belongings ready for safe transport. Continuing with the stress-free experience, we unpack and dispose of the trash, giving you time to marvel at the beauty of your new home.
High Rise and Condo Movers in South Austin
Our crew is more than capable of getting you shifted to one of those new high rises that have become widely popular in Austin. South Austin is evolving rapidly, and we have done our best to keep up with its pace.
Moving into condos and high rises is tricky, to say the least, but it is not a problem before our years of experience and excellence. You should also not be concerned about your stuff getting damaged, it ain’t happening on our watch.
If you’re still unsure about our claims, just take a look at some of the generous reviews that satisfied customers left for us, these words perfectly captivate what we wish to deliver to our clients.
Moving With a Pet in South Austin?
Your family dog may not buy the idea of relocating all that well. But not to worry, we’ll make sure that your pawed partner does stress out during the whole process. We’ve had several experiences with family dogs, and believe us; our team members are all pet-lovers.
You can get a more detailed explanation over the phone, but one thing we can guarantee here and now: your satisfaction is everything to us, and that includes a comfortable journey for your pet.
College Moving in South Austin
Your son or daughter has been accepted to a prestigious institute in Austin, congratulations! You’ll want to savor every moment until you have to bid them farewell. Don’t ruin that time worrying about the relocation, instead enjoy it, we’ll handle the work.
We are well-acquainted with Austin’s many reputable institutes and are more than capable of managing the move for you. Perhaps the whole family would like to relocate for convenience? No problem, we can manage that too.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
Before we wrap things up, there is a critical situation to discuss. The current pandemic is a threat for all of us, the situation is dire, and the best we can do is to play our part in preventing it from getting any worse.
It is in this context that we have decided to follow certain health-safety SOPs and would be grateful if you would uphold your part in these steps:
- Please avoid overcrowding in your home, we know it can be hard, but it is important
- We will send only as many crew members as needed, no more, for safety reasons
- Social distancing and avoiding physical contact such as shaking hands should be ascertained
- Please use face masks when our team members come over; they’ll do the same
- Ensure that pets and children are safely distanced from the whole thing
- Disinfect the house frequently and wash your hands to avoid contamination
Thank you for reading till the end; we’d love to hear from you and get you moving 🙂
South Austin Movers - FAQs
Instead of straining yourself by physically moving your entire home, hire movers to take care of everything for you. Professional movers know what they are doing and have the physical stamina to handle moving heavy objects all day. Most people lack this level of experience and consequently tire easily, making the already taxing process of moving even more so.
In addition, you may also lack the necessary time and energy to complete the task. Professionals can do all the work in a fraction of the time the standard family can, even with a few friends helping. They are familiar with South Austin’s roads and have experience operating a large truck, which will cut down on travel time and labor requirements.
Further, they have the tools necessary to pack, load, and unload your belongings safely and efficiently and are readily available to professional movers. They have the know-how and tools to safely transport your belongings from A to B. They use only high-quality packing materials and moving equipment like dollies, straps, and ramps to ensure the safety of your belongings during transit. It is not practical or affordable for the typical family to buy and store such items.
In addition, professional movers typically carry insurance to protect your belongings. The peace of mind that comes from knowing your possessions are insured against loss, or damage is substantial. Because moving is such a hassle, it is best to leave it to the experts. While they take care of every last detail of the move, you can focus on more pressing matters, like unpacking at your new place.
Hiring professional movers is your best bet for a quick, easy, and stress-free relocation that also protects your belongings if you are headed to or from South Austin. Call Not A Hobby Movers today for a free estimate. We can handle any kind of move from apartments to large homes or your business. Start the process today and reserve your spot for a smooth move.
Picking the perfect moving company in South Austin, Texas, can be a bit of a hassle, but with the right steps and checklist, you can make the best decision for your moving needs. Here are some easy tips to help you choose the best local moving company:
- Do your homework on a few different companies, like Not A Hobby Movers, to find the one that fits your needs. Make sure to choose companies with a good rep and positive reviews from their past customers.
- Check that the moving company has licenses and insurance to protect you and your belongings during the move. You don’t want anything to get damaged or lost in the shuffle.
- Get written estimates from a few different companies so you can compare prices and find the best deal for what you need.
- Ask your friends, neighbors, and family for referrals to moving companies they’ve used in the past. Word of mouth is a great way to find out which companies have done a good job for people you know.
- Think about how much experience each company has under their belt. While some might have been around for a while and know the ropes, others might be newer and more enthusiastic. Find a company that’s been in business for a few years and has experience with the type of move you are making to ensure an easy moving process.
- Check out the services each moving company offers. For example, if you need help packing and unpacking, make sure the company provides those services. Some companies specialize in moving apartments, while others cater to businesses. Also, some South Austin movers focus on local moves, while others handle long-distance moves regularly.
Full-service South Austin movers are relocation businesses ready to assist you with every step of your relocation. They usually provide a full range of moving services, including packing, loading, transport, unloading, and unpacking. When you hire full-service movers, they will come to your house, pack all of your belongings, load them onto the truck, drive them to your new location, unload them, and even unpack some of the boxes if you need them to.
The best full-service companies offer disassembly and assembly of furniture, appliance disconnect and reconnect, and storage options are some of the extra services that some full-service movers provide. They typically furnish everything required for packing, including boxes, tape, and bubble wrap.
If you do not think you have the time, energy, or know-how to handle your move on your own, a full-service South Austin moving company may be your best bet. You can put your mind at ease and focus on other matters while full-service movers handle all the details of your relocation. Full-service movers like Not A Hobby Movers are the most cost-effective option when you consider you will be saving time, your back, and your sanity!
Several factors can affect how much it will cost to hire professional movers in South Austin, including the distance traveled, the size of your home, the number of items you plan to move, and the services you require. The average cost of a long-distance move starts at around $7,000, while the cost of a local move within South Austin can be anywhere from $300 to $1,500. Again, these rates change for many reasons starting with the size of the home and the distance of the move.
The actual cost of your move will depend on a number of variables, so keep in mind that these are just estimates. A written estimate from each potential moving company will allow you to compare costs and services. Inquire about any fuel surcharges, additional insurance costs, or packing material costs that may be incurred. When planning your move, it is important to factor in the cost of hiring movers and to hire a reliable, experienced South Austin moving company that you can trust with your belongings.
Moving from one place in South Austin to another can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days, depending on how far you have to travel, how big your home is, and how many possessions you have. It takes about four to eight hours to move to a small apartment or condo within South Austin and as much as twelve hours or more to move to a larger house.
The time it takes to complete a long-distance move varies widely depending on factors like the distance traveled and the complexity of the relocation. Before your move, make sure to talk to your South Austin movers about the schedule and when you can expect your belongings to arrive.
You should also factor in the possibility of delays due to traffic, bad weather, or problems with loading or unloading. If you want your move to South Austin to go smoothly and quickly, it is important to coordinate with your movers as much as possible in advance. Planning ahead will help to reduce the amount of time it takes to move and save you stress as well.
Relocating can break the bank, but there are ways to cut costs when working with South Austin movers. Keep in mind most of these options include doing more of the work and prepping yourself. If you want the company to do the packing for you, expect to pay more. Here are some suggestions for saving money:
- Planning ahead can save you money, so consider moving on a weekday or off-peak season instead of a weekend if possible. Avoid moving in the summer, as it’s the peak season for movers.
- Save money by being adaptable with your moving dates and times. If the moving company has a cancellation, for example, they may be willing to give you a discount if you need to move quickly.
- Get rid of unnecessary items before packing up your home and moving. This can help you save money on moving costs by reducing the volume of stuff you have to transport. Reduce the time spent packing and moving unnecessary items by donating, giving away, recycling, or discarding them.
- Saving money on the movers’ packing services is possible if you do the packing yourself. But you should pack carefully so that none of your belongings get broken in transit.
- Save money by not buying expensive packing materials and instead making do with inexpensive alternatives like old newspapers, towels, or clothing.
- Inquire about military, student, and senior discounts; many North Austin moving companies offer them. Find out if the moving company offers any deals by asking about them.
The process of moving to a new home in South Austin can be overwhelming, but there are ways to make it easier on yourself. Here are some tips for creating a more manageable moving process:
- Start preparing for your relocation as early as possible, preferably several weeks or months in advance.
- De-clutter your life by getting rid of unused or unwanted items. You can save time and money on packing and moving if you get rid of unnecessary items.
- Label boxes clearly so you know what is inside and where it goes when you move, and pack by room.
- Begin packing items you do not use frequently to help reduce clutter and get a head start on the packing. Using banker’s boxes can make the process easier.
- Use suitcases for the items you will need to use sooner if your new home. This way, you will not need to hunt for specific items. Consider packing a suitcase for each person and a separate one for toiletries and towels. After a long day of moving, you will want to take a hot shower before unpacking the next day.
- Remember to give advance notice to your utility companies and other service providers when moving so that they can arrange to disconnect and reconnect your services at the appropriate times.
- Find a reputable company that has handled moves like yours before by doing some background research. Get written quotes, and find out what kind of services and guarantees they offer.
- Keep all your moving-related paperwork, such as contracts and receipts, in one easily accessible location, such as a plastic file folder.
The cost of hiring movers in South Austin can vary significantly depending on the size of your home, the distance of your move, and the specific services you require. Local moves within South Austin cover a wide spectrum of services, from basic loading and unloading to full-service packing and moving. To get an accurate estimate, get quotes from multiple moving companies in South Austin and discuss your specific needs and preferences to find a price that fits your budget.
The cost of moving services can vary depending on the time of year, day of the week, and time of the month. Generally, the cheapest days to hire movers are:
Weekdays: Monday through Thursday are typically less expensive than weekends. Most people prefer to move on weekends due to work schedules, so movers often charge higher rates on these days.
Mid-Month: The beginning and end of the month tend to be busier for movers due to lease turnovers and closings. Therefore, scheduling your move in the middle of the month can be more cost-effective.
Off-Season: Peak moving season is usually from May to September. Moving during the off-season (late fall through early spring) can result in lower rates.
Non-Holiday Periods: Avoid moving during major holidays or holiday weekends, as rates are likely to be higher due to increased demand. Last minute moving can also increase your costs.
Ask moving companies about their cheapest days or times. Planning your move during less busy periods can lead to significant savings.
The cost of moving from Austin to Dallas depends on the size of your move. Moving to a smaller home is generally less expensive than a larger one. The 195-mile distance influences fuel costs.
Moving during peak periods like weekends, summer, or month-end may increase your overall expenses. For a more specific estimate of the services you need, contact your movers for more information.
Reducing moving expenses requires careful planning and flexibility. Start by decluttering your home before the move. Selling, donating, or discarding items you no longer need significantly reduces the volume of goods you need to move and lowers costs, especially when you need long distance moving services. Obtain and compare quotes from multiple moving companies to secure the best deal. Timing impacts costs; moving during off-peak seasons is more economical than during busy weekends or summer months.
If your move is job-related, check if you qualify for tax deductions on moving expenses. Enlisting the help of friends and family for packing and moving can also reduce labor costs. Be mindful of your utility setup; disconnect services at your old home right after moving and start services at your new home a day before or on moving day to avoid overlapping bills. If you’re driving to your new home, planning your route and timing to avoid tolls and peak traffic can reduce fuel costs.
The most cost-effective moving option might require more personal effort and time. Find a balance that suits your specific situation and preferences when planning your move.
South Austin movers typically load the largest and heaviest items first. This includes furniture like sofas, wardrobes, dressers, and appliances. These items are placed at the back of the moving truck to ensure stability and balance. After the bulky items are securely loaded, they’ll typically load longer items like mattresses, headboards, and table tops. Following this, they’ll fill in gaps with smaller, more fragile items, and boxes are usually loaded last. Loading in this way maximizes space and minimizes the risk of damage during transit.
Each room has its challenges, but the kitchen’s combination of fragile items, variety, and frequent use make it the most complex to pack. Not A Hobby provides packing and unpacking services and all the packing supplies if you decide on our full-service package which also includes packing the kitchen, making your move much less stressful for you.
Movers typically prefer that drawers be emptied before moving to ensure safety and reduce the risk of injury or damage. It also prevents items inside from shifting or causing damage during transit. Some movers might allow lightweight, non-breakable items like clothes to remain in drawers. Consult with your moving company for their specific guidelines.
Whether or not you need to disassemble furniture for movers depends on the type of furniture, the terms of the moving service, and the access points in your current and new locations. Large, bulky items or pieces that can’t fit through doorways or down narrow hallways usually require disassembly. If you choose to disassemble the furniture yourself. consider your own ability to safely and effectively dismantle and reassemble the pieces without causing damage, hurting yourself or others, and also ensure it is completed in advance so it’s ready for the movers when they arrive. With complex, valuable, or antique furniture, it’s best to leave the task to professionals to ensure it’s done correctly and safely. If you are going to prepare for a full-service move, Not A Hobby full-service moving package includes furniture disassembly, reassembly, premium packing, and unpacking services.
The ideal time to start packing before a move depends on the size of your home and the number of belongings you have. Starting early and pacing your packing can make the moving process more manageable and less stressful.
Here are a few guidelines:
For Large Homes or Families: If you live in a large home or have a family, start packing about 6-8 weeks before your move. This allows ample time to sort through belongings, declutter, and pack items systematically without rushing.
For Smaller Homes or Fewer Items: For smaller homes or fewer possessions, starting 4-6 weeks before the move is usually sufficient.
Pack Non-Essentials First: Begin with items you use infrequently. Seasonal items, rarely used gadgets, books, and decorative pieces can be packed early.
Daily Use Items: Leave essentials like kitchenware, toiletries, and clothing until the last week or days before the move.
Create a Packing Schedule: Organize your packing by room and set achievable goals each week. This approach helps manage the workload and avoid last-minute stress.
Two weeks before moving, here are key tasks to focus on:
- Movers Confirmation: Reconfirm moving arrangements with your moving company.
- Change of Address: Update your address with the post office, banks, and other essential services.
- Utility Transfers: Arrange to disconnect utilities at your old home and set them up at your new one.
- Finalize Packing: Complete packing most items, leaving out only daily essentials.
- Essentials Box: Prepare a box with items you’ll need immediately after the move.
- Child and Pet Care: Arrange care for children and pets for moving day.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Ensure your car is serviced, especially for long-distance moves.
- Cleaning: Start cleaning empty rooms or schedule professional cleaners.
- Travel Plans: Double-check long-distance travel arrangements.
- Appliance Preparation: Ready appliances for the move, like defrosting freezers.
- Electronics Photos: Take pictures of electronic setups for easy reassembly.
- Secure Documents: Keep important documents in a safe, accessible place.
These streamlined tasks will help ensure a smooth and organized move.