Locally Owned & Operated
MEET NOT A HOBBY MOVING
Not A Hobby Moving takes your packing and unpacking job into professional territory.
We’ve spent years honing our craft to provide the best possible experience for each of our clients. It doesn’t matter if you’re doing packing in Austin, TX, for a move across the street or crossing multiple state lines to get to your destination.
Let the professionals handle your moving needs.
We even provide all the equipment you need to get your packing done, so you don’t waste time hunting down the necessities.
As we like to say, “This ain’t no hobby, fellas.”
Local Moving Services in Austin, Texas
Request a Free Local Moving Quote Today
Choosing Not A Hobby Moving for Austin local moving will give you peace of mind and ensure you have a stress-free relocation to your new home. We offer an affordable, efficient, and dependable moving experience no matter when you move. Our comprehensive services cover everything you need for a safe, successful move. We cater to the Austin community and its neighboring areas, providing the utmost security for your belongings.
Choose a professional company to help with your local moving needs.
Not A Hobby Moving in Austin, Texas, is a unique moving service you have never experienced before. Everything you need from a moving company in Austin can be found when you call us for your free quote.
We give you the best pricing in the area and a complete evaluation of the belongings you want to move. Our Austin moving services will provide you with the best moving plan to get your belongings to your new apartment, house, or other location.
Our professionals pack and unpack your belongings using the materials we bring. Your items are packed to keep them secure during transport and delivery.
Benefits of Hiring a Local Moving Company in Austin TX
Hiring professional local movers in Austin provides numerous advantages, including time-saving benefits, enhanced safety for you and your possessions, and a wealth of expertise in packing, loading, and transporting furniture and belongings. Our team of qualified Austin movers places safety at the forefront, mitigating potential risks of accidents or harm to your items throughout your entire moving journey. Our full-service moves streamline the relocation process and deliver unparalleled assurance that your move will be completed safely and efficiently, making the transition to your new home smooth and hassle-free.
When you choose a local moving company, you’re choosing a time-saving solution. Our expertise in packing, loading, and transporting furniture expedites your moving process, allowing you to refocus your attention on other critical aspects of your move. We have the right equipment and experience to handle heavy and bulky furniture efficiently, significantly reducing the risk of any damage to your treasured possessions.
Puts Safety First
Safety is our top priority during every full-service move. Our trained and experienced team of professionals has the knowledge and skills to manage your move with the utmost care. This minimizes the chance of accidents occurring during the move. We use specialized tools and techniques to protect your furniture and belongings from damage. Our unwavering commitment to safety provides you with much-needed peace of mind throughout your relocation process.
Understands Moving Legalities
Knowledge of the legal requirements involved in moving is another advantage we provide when you hire us at Not A Hobby Moving. We are well-versed in Austin regulations, necessary permits, and insurance prerequisites, ensuring full compliance with all legal aspects of Austin local moving. Our comprehensive knowledge helps preempt potential issues and guarantees a seamless transition to your new residence.
Local Moving Checklist
Before the Move
- Declutter and organize belongings: Do this to prepare for a full-service move because it will eliminate unnecessary items, make your move simpler, and reduce your costs.
- Plan furniture placement in the new home: Plan where your furniture will go in the new home to make placement quicker and easier upon arrival.
- Hire a reputable moving company: Choose moving services with a proven track record and positive reviews to ensure a smooth and reliable relocation process.
- Notify important parties about your move: Notify your friends, family, and relevant institutions, to keep them informed of your change of address.
- Collect essential documents: Collect essential documents for safekeeping during the move, including identification, medical records, and financial paperwork.
- Pack a bag with daily necessities: Pack items you may need access to upon arrival, including medications, clothing, toiletries, and personal items, for immediate access upon arrival.
- Label boxes clearly: Label boxes clearly with their contents and the rooms they should be placed in to simplify unpacking at your new residence.
- Set up utilities at the new home: To ensure that essential services like electricity, water, and gas are ready when you move in, set them up in advance.
- Confirm your moving date: Make sure you have a confirmed date and time for your move.
- Arrange transportation if needed: Arrange transportation for yourself and any family members or pets who are moving with you to the new location.
On the Day of Moving
- Stay calm and relaxed: On moving day, keep calm and stay relaxed to minimize stress and ensure a smoother process.
- Supervise packing and prioritize items: Supervise the packing process and prioritize items, ensuring that fragile or valuable belongings are handled with care.
- Keep essential items handy: Keep essential items handy, such as important documents, medications, and personal necessities, for immediate access throughout the day.
- Address concerns with the moving crew: Address any concerns or questions with the moving crew to maintain open communication and resolve issues promptly.
- Do a final walkthrough: Before leaving your home, do a final walkthrough of your old residence to ensure nothing is left behind and that everything is in order.
After the Move
- Unpack essentials first: Start with the boxes that contain items like toiletries, bedding, and kitchen essentials to ensure comfort from the start.
- Take breaks as needed: Pace yourself during the unpacking process, resting when necessary to prevent exhaustion.
- Organize at your own pace: Unpack and arrange your belongings at a comfortable speed, focusing on creating an organized living space.
- Seek help from friends or family if necessary: Don’t hesitate to enlist assistance from loved ones for a more efficient unpacking experience.
- Update address information: Ensure you update your address with relevant parties and institutions to avoid disruptions in mail and services.
- Explore your new community: Take some time to get familiar with your new neighborhood, and discover nearby amenities and resources.
- Enjoy your new home and surroundings: Embrace the excitement of your new living space and the opportunities it offers for a fresh start.
Local Moving Services FAQs:
The best time of year to move locally in Austin, Texas, is during the fall or spring seasons, due to milder temperatures, which makes the moving process more manageable. However, these seasons are popular moving times, so schedule your move well in advance to secure your preferred moving date and any necessary services.
To reduce the cost of your local move, implement these strategies:
Declutter: Before moving, go through your belongings and get rid of whatever you don’t need or use. Donate, sell, or discard these items to reduce the volume of your move, which can lower moving costs.
Move During Off-Peak Times: Moving during the middle of the month or on weekdays is often less expensive than moving on weekends or at the end of the month when demand is higher.
DIY Packing: It’s a lot of physical work and takes time but you can pack your belongings yourself to save on packing services. Gather packing supplies like boxes, tape, and bubble wrap, and pack systematically to protect your items. Some professional movers have cost-effective packages that provide all of these supplies, making them cheaper. Professional movers know how to pack so your belongings won’t get broken and they pack quicker than you can because they have a lot of moving experience.
Request Discounts: Inquire with moving companies about any available discounts, promotions, or package deals. Some companies offer discounts for seniors, veterans, or students.
Be Organized: If the movers aren’t packing you, have everything packed and ready to go on moving day to minimize the time spent by the movers. Being organized reduces labor costs.
Check for Hidden Fees: Review your moving contract carefully to ensure you understand all potential charges. Be aware of any extra fees for stairs, long carries, or additional services.
Insurance Options: Evaluate your insurance options with the moving company. You may be able to opt for a more basic insurance plan to save money, but make sure your belongings are adequately covered.
Plan Ahead: Plan your move well in advance to avoid last-minute expenses. Rushed moves can lead to higher costs and damaged belongings.
The duration of a local move in Austin varies depending on the size of your home, the amount of your belongings, the distance, and the services you need. Loading and unloading can take a few hours to a day, travel time varies due to traffic, packing may range from one day to several, and additional services can extend the timeline. Standard household moves in Austin take one day, but larger homes or complex moves may be longer. Reach out to us at Not A Hobby Moving in Austin for a specific estimate based on your situation.
Local moving companies in Austin TX won’t transport certain items due to safety, legal, or practical reasons. These items include hazardous materials like gasoline and explosives, perishable food that can spoil, and plants that may require special permits for interstate transport. Valuables like cash and jewelry, important documents, and sentimental items are best kept with you during the move. Pets, firearms, and ammunition are also restricted due to legal regulations. Extremely large or heavy items, like pianos or large safes, need specialized equipment. Check with us in advance at Not A Hobby Moving if you have questions about what we move and what we don’t.
We are open and serving our moving clients in Austin, TX during the pandemic. We have put specific protocols in place to help keep our moving specialists and our clients safe during this time. We encourage contactless interactions and promote social distancing between our movers and clients. The CDC provides guidelines for proper hand hygiene and the use of cloth masks for protection.
Please help us by using CDC guidelines during this time for a smooth transition and moving experience. Together we can make your move safe.