H-E-B Oaks at Slaughter is a famous supermarket chain branch at 8801 S Congress Ave, Austin, Texas, offering groceries, deli, beer and wine, everyday essentials, and more. They are best known for in-store shopping, delivery, and curbside pickup.
This highly anticipated South Austin chain branch is part of over $200 million in H-E-B projects. The supermarket comes with a modern design, highlighting a colorful façade.
There is also a canopy of windows, allowing lots of natural light to flow throughout the establishment. They have also relocated decades-old heritage oak trees and native trees throughout the property to embrace the natural surrounding and protect the existing landscape.
H-E-B is committed to making itself a shining beacon for Austin and providing everyone with an outstanding and convenient shopping experience. Below are some of their amenities:
- Plenty of self-checkout areas
- Texas Backyard that offers products for outdoor entertainment, gardening, and grilling
- Large dinner selection with cooking connection demos, fresh sushi, and simple meal offerings
- Sushiya with poke choices
- Full-service seafood counter and meat market
- Bakery with ample baked goods
- Cheese shop
- Expanded wine and beer department
- Blooms floral area
- A wide selection of affordable organic foods
- An expansive healthy living department
Wide Array of Store Services
H-E-B Oaks at Slaughter is not your ordinary shopping center; it offers everything you need on one trip. Beyond groceries and fashion items, they provide other services.
The H-E-B Pharmacy offers health and prescription services. This allows customers to monitor their health while saving money. There is also the H-E-B Wellness, where people can take advantage of primary care, nutrition services, and products for unique lifestyles.
The bakery section is the perfect place to find custom image cakes and choose from Tortilleria and Scratch Bakery products. The deli section offers in-house roasted meats and cheese products.
When customers visit the drug and general merchandise department, they can choose from various products, such as headphones, phone accessories, beauty, apparel, and more. Going to the everyday essential area allows shoppers to purchase valuable items, including food storage, paper towels, toilet paper, laundry detergent, trash bags, household cleaners, etc.
The flower shop at H-E-B Oaks at Slaughter provides quality services on hand-made arrangements, blooms, and delivery. The shopping center also offers food services from True Texas BBQ and Take and Bake Pizza.
The grocery department has the busiest aisles, providing a broad range of products, such as wines, dairy, eggs, craft beer, and more. The meat market offers custom meat cutting, prime beef, organic meat, grass-fed beef, and full-service butcher case. For seafood lovers, they can have sushi, salmon burgers, shrimp, and other seafood, and steaming service.
The fresh produce section is where you can find fresh guacamole, cut fruit, organic produce, and many more. H-E-B also offers online services, such as delivery and curbside pickup.
Tips When Shopping at H-E-B Oaks at Slaughter
H-E-B is one of the companies in the US that is highly ranked as an incredible place to work. After all, they provide a strong company culture and great benefits. Most of their customers write that the company’s customer services are superior.
People do not have to visit multiple stores just to complete their shopping needs; everything is found at H-E-B. But for the best shopping experience, here are some valuable tips:
- Purchase items featured in the Combos Locos promotions to save money.
- Get to know the store layout to find the best value products
- Skip the big-brand beer options, and get the H-E-B brand for unique and affordable beers instead.
- Request for the unavailable item, and the store will order them for the customers as soon as possible.
- Keep an eye out for famous coupons like “Buy Ben and Jerry’s, get cookie dough free.”
- Allow kids to participate in in-store activities to get exciting prizes.
- Follow H-E-B on Facebook and sign-up for the weekly emails for coupons and deals.
- Search for the H-E-B yellow coupons and redeem them immediately.
- Head to the store’s clearance section for a 50% to 70% discount.
- Consider getting samples to get more coupons.
Important Information About H-E-B Oaks at Slaughter
- Address: 8801 S Congress Ave, Austin, TX 78745
- Phone: +1 737-236-8348
- Website: heb.com
- Business Hours: Monday to Sunday – 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Pharmacy Hours: Monday to Friday (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM), Saturday (9:00 AM to 6:00 PM), Sunday (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM)